No products in the cart.
Below are a few of our favourite recipes. We would like to hear from you! If you use our product(s) in your favourite recipe, please contact us and send us your recipe.
Auntie Bev’s Favourite Recipes
Auntie Bev’s Jerk Chicken
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 cup Auntie Bev's Jerk BBQ Marinade & Sauce
- Clean and cut up one whole chicken to desired pieces.
- Measure one cup of Auntie Bev's Jerk BBQ Marinade & Sauce and pour over the chicken.
- Leave to marinate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Clean grill, oil lightly and pre-heat to medium heat (300°F).
- Start by grilling the chicken slowly, then increase heat (350°F) to achieve golden brown and crispy Jerk chicken.
Serve with any of the following: sweet peppers, zucchini, broccoli, brochette of vegetables, coleslaw.
Auntie Bev’s Roasted Jerk Pork
- 4 lb pork roast
- ½ cup Auntie Bev's Jerk BBQ Marinade & Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Clean pork as you normally would.
- Use a sharp knife to cut small holes in the roast.
- Pour about half a cup of Auntie Bev's Jerk BBQ Marinade & Sauce onto the roast and let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Cook for 25-40 min. per lb to a minimum internal temperature of 145-160°F. Remove from oven and let it rest for at least 3 minutes.
Traditionally served with: candied sweet potatos, fried plantain, and tossed green salad or coleslaw.
Auntie Bev’s Jerk Seafood
Use Auntie Bev's Jerk BBQ Marinade & Sauce as a regular sauce to flavour crabs, lobsters, salmon or other fish.
- 2-3 Tbsp Auntie Bev's Jerk BBQ Marinade & Sauce
- 1 fillet fish (salmon, halibut, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brush your seafood with Auntie Bev's Jerk BBQ Marinade & Sauce.
- Wrap in tinfoil and bake in a medium oven (350°F) for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
Auntie Bev’s Friends’ Recipes
Submitted by Deb G. (Vancouver, BC)
- 1-3 tsp Auntie Bev's Jerk BBQ Marinade & Sauce
- Prepare your favorite burger recipe as normal and add 1 teaspoon of Auntie Bev's Jerk BBQ Marinade & Sauce per pound of meat. This gives the burgers a great zesty flavor! Use a tablespoon per pound if you want the real Auntie Bev experience!
- Pan fry or barbeque the burgers.
For a tasty treat, finish by melting cheddar onto the burgers and topping with sauteed mushrooms. Try on a toasted Portuguese bun or Kaiser bun!
Jerk Rubbed Chops
Submitted by Deb G. (Vancouver, BC)
- 1-3 tbsp Auntie Bev's Jerk BBQ Marinade & Sauce
- Take your favorite cut of pork chops and brush on a thin layer of Auntie Bev's Jerk BBQ Marinade & Sauce to both sides and massage the sauce into the meat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour to allow the flavor to soak into the meat.
- When you are ready to cook, dredge the chops through a flour and bread crumb mixture and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake the chops in the oven at a medium heat (350°F) for 30 minutes or until done.
This is a great alternative to conventional chili!
- 450-600 grams lean ground beef
- 2 Tbsp Auntie Bev's Jerk BBQ Marinade & Sauce
- 2 serrano chili peppers chopped fine
- 1-2 Tbsp chili powder
- 3-4 cloves garlic chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 small zucchini slice ¼" thick and chop slices in half
- 1 small yam peeled and diced to ½" cubes
- 1 medium yellow, red, or green pepper chopped to ½" squares
- 10-12 medium mushrooms coarsely chopped
- 4 oz can tomato paste
- 10 oz can romano beans red kidney beans or garbanzo beans can also be used in place of the romano beans
- 10 oz can "chili mix" stewed tomatoes
- Using a 6L pot on high heat, saute the onions in oil until slightly transparent and remove to a side dish. Brown the beef.
- Put the onions back plus add the chopped chilis, garlic, chili powder and the Auntie Bev's Jerk BBQ Marinade & Sauce.
- Mix together and then add the yam, zucchini and mushrooms.
- Add the tomato paste, romano beans, and stewed tomatoes and fold all ingredients together.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then turn the heat down to low, cover with a splash shield and let simmer, stirring every 10-15 minutes.
- When the majority of the liquid has evaporated the chili is ready, approximately 1-1.5 hours.
- Serve with your favorite corn chips.